Sunday, August 25, 2013

~ still from the week that was book week ~










 








1.  The coldest August morning for 40 years saw me snapping away in the garden for less than a minute before the camera froze!  These forget-me-nots looked so sweet edged in frosty lace.  My magnolia tree didn't like the heavy frost though - all the gorgeous creamy blossoms turned brown instantly.

2.  Daddy's birthday this week - he had to fly home to join us for dinner and then fly out again the next day but we spoiled him with pretty presents and orange cake.

3.  Book Week - my little Cat in the Hat, Katy (from "What Katy did") and Alice.   The school made a great effort with Book Week this year - teachers going from class to class sharing their favourite books, a big book quiz and the parade.  I converted an old Cinderella dress-up with some felt card shapes (still not believing that her size 3 dress up fits almost 11 year old her!) and tacked some fur onto a t-shirt - all within my limited skill set. (Mum made the bonnet - yay for her!)

4.  Daffodil day  - and a little present to myself.

5.  Roly-poly-ing down the hill at the park.  Such joy.

6. and 7.  Daisy chain making and wearing at the Botanical Gardens yesterday.  She's been begging for a picnic for weeks and at last the sun shone.  I loved how she used a fork to poke holes in the stems, and sent her slave brother to collect the daisies.  She was so focused.. and so pleased with the results.

8.  Irresistible.


I'm linking up with Em at the beetleshack to share some of the moments from our week.




20 comments:

  1. the flowers are just gorgeous & the characters are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camera froze? Gulp. The photo is stunning though! I had to smile when I saw What Katy Did and realised your little one was dressed as her! It seems years since I read it, and I used to read all three Katy books every year and I can't wait till my little girl is old enough! The photos with the daisy chain are heart-stopping. When I saw the thumbnail on The Beetleshack I had to stop over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Love your weeks photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Alli, I don't know how you bring such light into your shots and I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Ally. We also had a cold snap last week which had me checking for our first frost of the season but none to be found. All your flowers are so beautiful. Book week sounds like it was wonderful at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, it's so nice to make the connection to your blog after seeing your beautiful photos on instagram! So much gorgeousness here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful week! All those delicious flowers make my heart sing and what a fabulous job you did for Book Week! Makes me so happy to see kids embracing the wonderful world of literature.
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for spring for daisy chain making with Poppy and picnics on the grass. We have been busy reading books this week too. There is nothing more precious than teaching our kids the passion, beauty and wonder of reading and storytelling. Lovely photos. Over from Em's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful collection of flowers - and well done with the bookweek costumes, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photos, what a lovely week you have had xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous! I must pop into the botanical gardens :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the flowers make every inch of me crave spring. lovely snaps this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ally your pictures never cease to amaze me! I love them all and have to say the daffodils are my favorite :) I love coming here every week.

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What delightful spring-is-coming photos! The last one is sublime, but love seeing the kids dressed up. My son's kinder didn't do anything for book week...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh daisy chains! Such a perfect childhood memory inducing activity. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pics - hello spring!!! Popping over from the Rewind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful images! Love the daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely stills! Just dropping by from Maxabella's linky x
    (You are a very gifted image-capturer)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the frosty photo (and the rest)! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so gorgeous Ally! Love the first one and the ones of the Kids, just gorgeous :-D It definitely feels like Spring out there today, let's hope it continues. Mel x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day