1. The coldest August morning for 40 years saw me snapping away in the garden for less than a minute before the camera froze! These forget-me-nots looked so sweet edged in frosty lace. My magnolia tree didn't like the heavy frost though - all the gorgeous creamy blossoms turned brown instantly.
2. Daddy's birthday this week - he had to fly home to join us for dinner and then fly out again the next day but we spoiled him with pretty presents and orange cake.
3. Book Week - my little Cat in the Hat, Katy (from "What Katy did") and Alice. The school made a great effort with Book Week this year - teachers going from class to class sharing their favourite books, a big book quiz and the parade. I converted an old Cinderella dress-up with some felt card shapes (still not believing that her size 3 dress up fits almost 11 year old her!) and tacked some fur onto a t-shirt - all within my limited skill set. (Mum made the bonnet - yay for her!)
4. Daffodil day - and a little present to myself.
5. Roly-poly-ing down the hill at the park. Such joy.
6. and 7. Daisy chain making and wearing at the Botanical Gardens yesterday. She's been begging for a picnic for weeks and at last the sun shone. I loved how she used a fork to poke holes in the stems, and sent her slave brother to collect the daisies. She was so focused.. and so pleased with the results.
I'm linking up with Em at the beetleshack to share some of the moments from our week.