Friday, August 16, 2013

~ grateful for ... living here ~




We've been talking about refugees in our house this week.
About equality.
And compassion.

I don't like the "boat people" policies that Tony and Kevin are promoting. 
I'm much more likely to nod along to this man's wise words and I've shared Judy Horacek's freebie card (above) with lots of people this week.

The freedom to disagree, to debate, to declare opinions without fear of retribution or persecution, to bring up my children in a safe country... I'm so grateful for that.

I'm linking up with Kylie and others here.

 










8 comments:

  1. We have been discussing the very same thing in our house this week. A very emotional issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that! We've been having the same soerrts of conversations in our house, Ally. I'm astounded at the lack of compassion in this beautiful, war-free country of ours and both leaders are an absolute disgrace in their opinions about boat people. It makes my blood boil. They need to read The People Smuggler and then perhaps they might change their minds. Thanks for sharing this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so lucky to live in Australia, I've been reminding people, but doesn't mean the country's perfect. That card is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully said. I'm enormously grateful for these things too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially as, unless indigenous, we are all boat people of their descendants! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you on this. We too have been discussing it in our house and the kids could not understand the no stance policies. They were all about the fact that these were families that are just trying to find a safe place to bring up their kids. I hope the politicians wake up to themselves soon, and thank goodness it seems we have a much more compassionate generation coming through x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day