Sunday, February 3, 2013

~ journalling ~



January slipped past in a haze of sunblock, lazy days, icy poles and sunshine.  I blogged about our summer here and I've written about it in both my journals.  Yes, both.

It happened like this...

I treated myself to the completely adorably cute Frankie diary in the madness that was Christmas shopping.  I absolutely love to look at it and I'm being really good at writing every day.  I'm using coloured pens and stickers and its completely gorgeous... but... the daily spaces are just TOO small.  I'm used to the the full sized pages of the Kikki-K 365 books that I've used for the last 3 (!!) years now and I'm struggling to make my words fit.  

So I'm using another blank journal as well and writing when I need to just let the words spill out.  
To record.  To remember.

I think I need a better system.  But I'm not willing to give up on Frankie just yet.


  

This week will need a lot of words.  School starts for the year and I'm feeling more fragile than usual.  My baby starts kinder this week and whilst he is getting excited and can't take his new school shoes off I'm not ready.  I've shed tears at each beginning but this is the last beginning.  

Lasts and firsts - such a tug on our hearts.

Do you/ how do you record your days?





15 comments:

  1. I keep a journal to write my thoughts in and a week-to-the-page diary for appointments, events, etc.
    I've also just started a "mood book". I'm putting in it things that inspire me, and am going to fill the page throughout the month. It's a different take on a mood board and putting actual things in is different than writing words. It's been fun so far!

    Have a happy week!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a mood book...but I'm resisting!

      Delete
  2. I don't keep a journal, apart from my blog and instagram. I write down art ideas but that's about it. Hasn't Jan gone so quickly. I hope the rest of the year doesn't wizz by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lasts and firsts" ...they are so emotional aren't they? Time passes far too quickly and there's just not enough time to live it and record it... I love to record but have been so poor lately. I have my diary which I pop down snippets, Instagram for other bits and pieces, my camera (which is really, really rubbish) and my blog. Sometimes I think I need something more private though... I love Kikki K diaries - I use an A6 one and it's the 5th year running but it's week to a page so way too small really.

    Don't coloured pens just make it all that more special!? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So well said Ally - the lasts & firsts bit. I have diary/blog/photos/scrapbook/doodle book/iphone notes. I used to journal, but found it got too much. That isn't to say I won't take it up again...I just found it too heavy after a while and wanted a break. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. although I don't tend to think of them like that, my blog/photos are my record of days. I have sometimes thought of doing some writing too & it might yet happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my photos are definitely a record - just a very bulky and disorganised one

      Delete
  6. I know ... my little one started pre-school today and poor thing was absolutely wiped by the end of the day ... I was wiped too. How quickly the days pass and the seasons fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely wiped tonight and the little one doesn't even start til Friday....

      Delete
  7. Oh bless all your hearts, it's a big deal. My baby is in year 4 so that was me 5 years ago, i loved it & he was with many friends from preschool - for once, we weren't moving. You just get bigger hugs at 3p.m. & your little fella gets the opportunity to really miss you, that's how we roll, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, such a tug on our hearts. sending you love, sweet mama xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My baby is starting work and since she and her siblings were homeschooled this is a big deal. It seems mothers never grow up :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day