I know its an absolute cliche to say it but I really cannot believe how fast this year is flying by.
We've just finished 3rd term...only 10 weeks of school left for the year and then my baby will be finished kinder and off to full-time school (sob!)
It was the school's 60th birthday this week. We had a music assembly, many renditions of Birds of Tokyo's "lanterns" song and then a lantern parade through the streets of Sandy Bay on a cold and rainy night - lots of fun.
1. My grade 4 photo from the same school my children now attend. The lady who was the cleaner when I was there still helps out in the classrooms most days - and she remembers me (eeep! - that can't be a good sign). I'm the one with waaaay too much hair (nothing's changed) in the front row. How daggy we all look!
2. I like a fund-raiser that's actually useful - these are really good t-towels - and so cute!
3. Very Tasmanian homework. I love the comment from the teacher - my chatty daughter struggles to stop giggling and gossiping long enough to get most of her work done.
4. Playing memory with grandma.
5. The tall-ships in full sail heading out of Hobart and towards Sydney.
6. The park gang - hogging the swings and loving the spring sunshine
7. Purple meringues for the grand-final. Our team didn't come first but we're still very proud Freo fans.
8. The blue-bells are springing up everywhere in my garden - love that soft blue.
Its holidays now. We're planning less routine and more fun. Hopefully some park trips, MONA, sleepovers, a walk on the mountain and some beachcombing.
How's your week looking?
I'm linking up at the Beetleshack with Em.