1. Couldn't stop vignetting even after the comp week had finished - the wattle is so pretty - and luckily none of us get hay fever from it like so many others do
2. I love the wrapping and the choosing of cards a little too much I think.
3. Flame trees in South Perth
4 and 5. I miss seeing all the pelicans on the lakes and waterways - not that I want to get too close - I am definitely not a bird person - they scare me.
6. We had a fabulous meal at Nobu - Japanese with a Spanish influence. Sounds weird but the food was amazing - and the bar lights were pretty cool too.
7. Our old favourite cafe in West Leederville (cafe 130) has gone - but this is its sister across the road - very groovy and great coffee.
8. City beach. The instagram filters are doing this a lot of favours - it was quite grey and overcast and chilly - and you can see how many people were filling the beach. We had a quick swim - more like a tea-bag dunk than a swim. I miss that wild ocean more than anything else since we left.
It's been a great week - 4 days in Perth (without kids thanks to my wonderful parents-in-law) and while David was conferencing I shopped, walked, caught up with friends and neighbours and read 3 books (I'm addicted to Louise Penny at the moment - her Inspector Gamache series is fabulous). It was fascinating to go back (we lived there for 8 years and left almost 9 years ago when Grace was 4 weeks old) - and find everything so familiar and yet, so not. It was very clearly "not home" either - so glad we made the move when we did.
We got home for a busy weekend too - soccer presentations, sleep overs, dinner out and a beautifully sunny birthday celebration day today with friends. I feel very lucky.