Sunday, September 15, 2013

~ moments from this week ~


















1.  Couldn't stop vignetting even after the comp week had finished - the wattle is so pretty - and luckily none of us get hay fever from it like so many others do

2.  I love the wrapping and the choosing of cards a little too much I think.

3.  Flame trees in South Perth

4 and 5.  I miss seeing all the pelicans on the lakes and waterways - not that I want to get too close - I am definitely not a bird person - they scare me.  

6.  We had a fabulous meal at Nobu - Japanese with a Spanish influence.  Sounds weird but the food was amazing - and the bar lights were pretty cool too.

7.  Our old favourite cafe in West Leederville (cafe 130) has gone - but this is its sister across the road - very groovy and great coffee.

8.  City beach.  The instagram filters are doing this a lot of favours - it was quite grey and overcast and chilly - and you can see how many people were filling the beach.  We had a quick swim - more like a tea-bag dunk than a swim.  I miss that wild ocean more than anything else since we left.


It's been a great week - 4 days in Perth (without kids thanks to my wonderful parents-in-law) and while David was conferencing I shopped, walked, caught up with friends and neighbours and read 3 books (I'm addicted to Louise Penny at the moment - her Inspector Gamache series is fabulous).  It was fascinating to go back (we lived there for 8 years and left almost 9 years ago when Grace was 4 weeks old) - and find everything so familiar and yet, so not.  It was very clearly "not home" either - so glad we made the move when we did.  

We got home for a busy weekend too - soccer presentations, sleep overs, dinner out and a beautifully sunny birthday celebration day today with friends.  I feel very lucky.





 

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday for today!!! I hope your day was a lovely one. Your trip to Perth really sounds so nice, time just the two of you, shopping, exploring and catching up with friends yeah for time away and for inlays:) Have a great week Ally. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Ally :) Lucky you to have time away... I bet you're feeling refreshed. Don't you just love parents! I'm loving those lights! How awesome are they!

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have some time together & on your own (3 books! - wonderful). That cafe looks very groovy & your week sound like what I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics, the lamps are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Ally, completely understand that feeling you have when visiting somewhere you used to live...almost an eerie sense of familiarity. I find it really interesting how we connect to time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, I especially love the first pelican shot it's very serene, even though I find pelicans scary. (popping over from The Beetle Shack link-up)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am guilty of spending more time wrapping the present and writing on the card then choosing the present itself. A mini getaway sounds divine.. Popping over from The Beetle Shack, wishing you a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you as well...I lived in Perth for a year of work 20 years ago however have been back a couple of other times to visit my sister who lives there with her hubby and teenage kids. She went to Perth for a working holiday and a month later met a man and they got married, had 3 kids and have lived there ever since. Love your first photo...great styling. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I feel all warm and fuzzy. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Ally! How lovely to have some time away with the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous images & Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous time you must have had - and beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful heart-filled moments! That alone time sounds marvellous to me right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday lovely. Hope you were spoilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Happy Birthday wishes from showery Shackleford xx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The wattle looks fabulous in that vase, Ally. A little birthday happy right there. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wattle vignette is incredibly pretty! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day