1. It's magnolia time. This makes me very happy - not only are they insanely pretty but it means that warmer weather is definitely on the way. I am completely guilty of slamming on the brakes and leaping out of the car when I spy a truly beautiful tree
2. The slowest ever quilt in (still unfinished) history took another step forward this week when I sat down and tacked some more hexies.
3. Beautiful stitched snail mail - with pressed flowers - such a lovely surprise to come home to.
4. A new camera bag (an Audrey Lu from 3 Annies - highly recommended - gorgeous colours, soft leather and perfect padding for a DSLR and ipad and wallet) and my red shoes as I packed for a mini break over the weekend.
5. Lily took her chance to walk alone, be alone, enjoy the sunshine as we walked along Redbill beach at Bicheno. I think she would like more silence in her life.
6. We had to eat the strawberries quickly so he had something to put all the shells in...always collecting
7. The view from our room on the most stunning end of winter day
8. How pretty is that background??
9. Cutest father's day card - complete with checked shirt, work pants and spiky hair!
The warm sun shone on us this weekend - when we had almost forgotten what it felt like - like new seedlings we unfurled our bodies and strained to the sunlight ... it felt good.
We walked on the beach, collected shells, played soccer, celebrated the achievements of the new GP fellows and caught up with old friends. We gave the Doc hand made cards, sticky kisses and beautiful canvasses (thanks Em!) of some of my photos of our children. We've said our goodbyes to winter and are ready for spring and new adventures.
I'm linking up with Em at the Beetleshack to share snippets of the week.