Sunday, June 9, 2013

~ snippets from a week(end) in June ~



 





 





 



1.  Camellias brightening a corner of our bedroom.

2.  Master-cheffing with playdough - this was the start of spaghetti and meatballs.  I have to judge each dish on presentation and taste (!!)

3.  4 is a very interesting mix of independence and sooky mummy's boy.  This was all his own work

4.  All Jack wanted to do this weekend was go to the beach and collect shells.  We walked for ages ... dreaming, chatting, gathering... 

5.  My favourites of our gathered treasures.

6.  Choc fudge slice from the good old AWW biscuit book.  Rainbow sprinkles instead of coconut - because its more fun.

7.  I'm very reluctant to prune our roses when, even if dying, they look as pretty as this.

Another busy week - I don't think I had the camera out at all until yesterday - we've had school swimming, extra work for me and a quick trip to Canberra for the Doc. 

We're relishing this long weekend at home - date night (so nice), cooking, gardening and a long walk along an almost deserted beach searching for shells.  We've got no plans tomorrow - always the best kind of day.

I'm linking up with  tinniegirl and Em to share some snippets of our life this week









17 comments:

  1. Beautiful snippets. I love how you presented your favourite beach finds.
    Have a wonderfully unscheduled day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, the fudge looks yum & I love collecting sea shells :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see the week through your eyes, these are one of my favourite kinds of posts and your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely photos - I especially love the shell one. Your camellia arrangement is so pretty and that chocolate slice looks delicious!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such lovely images. looks like the perfect weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your shells! Beautiful photographs as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love number 5 ... the treasures laid out on the ledger ... the red ribbon just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous week. So light and bright! I love the shot of your fading rose. I don't dead head mine either xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a beautiful long weekend! So nice to have that extra day. Lovely photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, choc fudge slice with sprinkles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you enjoyed that play dough ;)
    I have a four year old who likes to swap between fierce independence and sooky mummy's girl - fun...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous captures. Your camellias are divine as are your beach finds. I agree, chocolate slice is much 'funner' with sprinkles. Have a lovely week. Melinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your photos are SO lovely! I've done the rounds this morning and yours are certainly my favourites for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous! I love those camellias and your beach treasures. Oh and I must try out that choc fudge slice recipe sometime very soon!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your blog is worth sharing so I've nominated you for this...
    http://norfolkexposure.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-leibster-award.html
    But no obligations, I promise! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pictures!
    I just discovered your blog and it's definitely a new favorite.
    Mavi.-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just saw your photos on meetmeatmikes - great work! xo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day