Thursday, June 6, 2013

~ kids were here ~

Tahnee's blog is full of stunning images - any day is a good day to visit for visual inspiration - gorgeous pictures of her children, her house ... anything really.  She uses her camera to tell beautiful stories.
 
Last month, through her pictures,  I fell in love with the idea of the "kids were here" project.  Its a collaborative project involving lots of different photographers sharing their view of what life with children looks like.  You can read more here

“In the the moment is is easy to get frustrated with all the mess and clutter that results from living with children. This set reminds me how quickly it will all pass. One day the toys will be in totes no longer played with. I will miss this. I’m reminded to slow down. To not stress about it. My happiness is not dependent upon everything put back into place and a neat and tidy home.
One day we will have a wonderful reminder. Evidence left behind written upon our hearts and minds of our children. Photographs that will bring us back to this very day, when our kids were here.” -jude wood

Of course I had to join in too.




 
 
 








 Ki


 



So this month I've been taking note and taking photos.  There are definitely kids here.  And a mum who cleans up after them every night ... and who is trying to remember to take the photo first.




18 comments:

  1. hurrah! you're such a sweetheart, thankyou for your kind words :) I love the tractor on the scales and the wet chalk. it's been really easy to stop and appreciate the mess - even on the hard days when you wish they would just sit still for the last hours of the day so they don't mess up something else..! I think in years to come when we have sullen teenagers in our homes, this little project will remind us how wonderful the mess was x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking messy teenage room is not nearly so photogenic!

      Delete
  2. I think this is such a wonderful project too. I love what you've captured. Children certainly were here. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! When I look at your pictures all I see is love and happiness and fun! Such a great idea :-) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! A beautiful lesson here. Love the solo car on the carpet and scales! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful memories to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! Lovely photos.

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just an awesome project...so glad I found out about it

      Delete
  7. I love this! what a great idea. I love the matchbox car on the rug and the animal stack!
    Beautiful images x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful, love the first photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that first shot and the one of the toy car on the rug are gorgeous! I could do a similar thing with my furry kid :)
    I hope you have a wonderful long weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes. This is why I often DON'T take photos....evidence of children everywhere, everyday. Guess I should capture more of real life in all it's messiness.....although your mess look so much nicer than ours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came across this project myself for the first time this week and am keen to join in when I can too... such a great idea. I love your piano shot and dear old bunny hanging on the washing line :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project and what great shots!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day