Dark MOFO hit Hobart this week and we've all been getting in the mood and celebrating all that is lovely about the dark and winter in Tassie.
1. The skywhale in all her glory. She was commissioned as part of the centenary celebrations in Canberra and visited here as part of our winter celebration week. I found her curiously beautiful. The children could not get past those boobies.
2. Spectra a light installation by Ryoji Ikeda graced our skies all week (more MOFO action). Sometimes shrouded in mist and fog and sometimes clear. Beautiful and mesmerising.
3. First night of the winter feast down at the wharves. The shed looked beautiful - and the food and entertainment were fab. We finished with Bruny Island icecream (it was 2 degrees outside) with hot salted caramel sauce...to die for!
4. It's garlic planting time (apparently you are supposed to do it in the nude) - I'm wondering if this will grow.
5. School photos this week. What a battle to get them all out of their sports gear and into real school shoes!
6. They've been arranging shells. Obsessive much?
7. Details...I'm all about the little things
8. While I'm busy pouring water on the windscreen, scraping off the ice and muttering under my breath about moving to Queensland they are happy to embrace the frost
9. Daisy chains on the window ledge...little treasures and pieces of them everywhere I look.
I'm linking up with Em to share some snippets of life at our place.