Sunday, June 30, 2013
~ snippets from the end of June ~
1. My reading pile. I finished The Light Between Oceans this week - a beautifully written story. I sobbed. A lot. Highly recommended.
2. We've been the house of sickness this week. Jack has had croup (Gracie thought I described his cough as creepy not croupy) and the rest of us are coughing and hoarse too. The chest rub smells so good...the scent lingers in the bedrooms now.
3. Crafting...there's always crafting and drawing and making going on around here.
4. We usually make our own cards and with 5 parties this weekend we spend the afternoon on Friday stamping, colouring and drawing. The kikki-k stamps get quite a work out.
5. I finished this at 11pm last night for my niece's 6th party (one of the 5 for the weekend) that we celebrated here today. It's from the new and improved AWW kids cakes books. A new favourite on our bookshelf.
6. My own special candle from Autumn's fabulous shop. I created this scent - lots of citrus and basil and ginger (I think) - its divine. Lily's journal is sitting under a float of petals from those roses.
7. Hellebores in my garden.
Google reader closes down tonight - if you'd like to, you can follow me over here at bloglovin.
Joining in with weekly stills and snippets over here with Em.
Have a lovely week. I'd love to know what's in your reading pile - any recommendations?