2 and 3. Grace made cupcakes yesterday - start to finish all by herself (I did the washing up) - they were delicious. I'm ready for her to move onto dinners now!
4. I made a baked chicken/pumpkin/mushroom risotto for dinner one night when it was a bit chilly. We all like this one - except I have to pick the pumpkin out of Jacks. How did I end up with a fussy eater??
5. One of these waits for me most nights in summer. Or a G and T.
6. A baby lupin in the golden evening light.
7. Sandpit mastercheffing with a donkey doing the tasting. We talked about taking out the sandpit and replacing it with a herb garden this week - and since then they've used it every day.
8. The juiciest, yummiest apricots. This is the first year we've had fruit on the tree. So good.
We had a quiet Australia Day today - a trip to the regatta down in Sandy Bay, a bbq, a nap and dinner with mum. I was thrilled that Adam Goodes was named Australian of the Year. I feel so lucky to be Australian and so proud of much of what our nation stands for but I really wish we could change the day we celebrate so that we can move forward in a more united way.