1. A rogue poppy in our herb garden. I think it looks remarkably like an Iced Vo-Vo
2. Until this week J has point-blank refused to even try riding his bike - he loved his scooter and could go so fast that he wouldn't even consider anything else. Then he got on ... and just rode. Around and around and around the car park down the road. Amazing.
3. Name tags for dinner - I'm not sure the names match the pictures. Like, at all :-)
4. Marbling using shaving cream and food dye. Lots of fun. This was a practice run for helping the prep class do it as their art project this week. That was still fun....but so messy.
5. Love this little postcard of a tassie devil I found at a cafe this week - he's greeting people at our front door now.
6. He calls them slippers. He's been wearing them all weekend. There's no logic to 5 year olds (see 2. above).
7. Weekend treat platter for morning tea. They were playing an elaborate game outside involving tents, gardening, wicked witches and evil dragons.
8. Sticky date muffins with butterscotch sauce. So good. We ate them last weekend and then I had to do them again tonight for some friends. Recipe from here.
We're definitely on the count-down to our big adventure now.
We leave at Easter for 12 weeks of travelling in Europe (squeeee!)
(though given the kids can't make it through the school trip without bickering I am a little uncertain about how we'll go...)
I'm linking up with Emily at the Beetleshack where there are lots of lovely snippets and stills to see x