1. My Christmas Elves - I had this printed as a card - and I even managed to write and few and send them before Christmas. Seriously of the 50 shots I took I think this is the only one where they all have their eyes open!
2. Apparently teeny tiny car magnets (to fit inside those teeny tiny advent calendar boxes) adhere to the side of our table - who knew?
3. Self seeded poppies growing madly where there should be veggies... maybe next year
4. Podding peas for lunch - an age old tradition in both our families
5. Santa brought a cricket set. And yes we were out there bowling to him in our pjs at 7am.
6. Santa also brought water pistols (inspired? mad?) - they were momentarily abandoned here for dessert
7. Taking the Christmas decorating just a step too far
8. My Marley and Lockyer star - I bought us all one this year - lovely new treasures for our tree.
9. There are always lilies in the garden and in the house for Christmas
We had a relatively quiet (the neighbours may dispute that - we were up at 5am, playing cricket with very noisy appealing by 7am and then there was a LOT of screaming as the water pistol fights amped up during the afternoon) at home with mum and my in-laws. We started lunching at 1 with prawns and seafood and finally finished with raspberries, pavlova and pudding at about 6pm. There may have been napping between courses! It was a lovely, relaxed day.
Tonight we headed down to the Taste of Tasmania with some friends - fantastic entertainment, classic tempura mushrooms and some lovely Tassie pinot. The kids sat entranced by the street performers and we chatted. Now I'm supposed to be packing - we head to the shack tomorrow for a few weeks - my fingers are firmly crossed for sunshine and good tempers.
I'm linking up with Em at the Beetleshack sharing weekly stills - and I'm super happy to learn that the linky will continue in 2014 - sharing and remembering these little moments of our week is a lovely way to tell some of our story.