1. Birthday cake for Lily's 11th birthday dinner night - she chose to go out for Japanese with the family and then this at home this yea family tradition in my house when I was growing up - and I still love it. So easy, so good.
2. The chickens are proving to be both educational and entertaining - the girls especially love mothering them.
3. One poor chick (Coco) met with a dreadful accident last weekend and was duly buried with ceremony and poems at the end of the day on Monday. I'm so impressed with how compassionate these kids are - and how their education doesn't stop and start with maths and literature but can include the big issues as well.
4. This is my baby reaching up to the sink to get his own drink of water. So big. So independent. Such grubby feet.
5. Afternoon sun
6. I've resurrected last year's advent calendar and today there was a chocolate Santa sticking out of the box. I've struggled to find teeny gifts for the matchboxes this year - will be writing notes for a mini-treasure hunt each morning I think. The children take turns to open a box - do you do that or do you do one calendar for each child?
7. Peonies from the garden on the mantlepiece... such decadent beauties.
I love December for all its bustle, anticipation, carols and joy.
I'll be doing my best not to get overwhelmed and to just enjoy it all for the next few weeks.
Joining up with Em at the Beetleshack to share some stills from our week.