Friday, March 8, 2013

~ March vignettes ~

This month (and last month) I've had a ball playing along with the #7vignettes challenge over on Instagram.  It's run by the lovely Jen of Interiorsaddict. 

Here are my efforts this week.

{day 1 - white}

{day 2 - spots}

{day 3 - paper}

{day 4 - my colour palette}

{day 5 - bathroom}

{day 6 - geometric}

{day 7 - upcycled}






I'm still not sure of the defintion of "vignette" but it seems to result in little arrangements of stuff and beautiful photographs.  Mel wrote a fabulous blog piece about her efforts at creating little masterpieces last month.  I've had similar experiences here - I actually ended up raiding some of the children's mantlepiece "vignettes" to use some bits and bobs in mine.  There are lots of very clever stylists who play along but there are also lots of friendly and encouraging people playing just for fun (like me).

After doing the white prompt in my Freedom display box (day 1, above) I set myself a mini challenge to do a second photo on each theme in the white box.  It was fascinating to see how different the box ended up looking using slightly different light and filters (mostly in afterglow) but also how much little stuff we have lying around (and is now all lying around on a table as I muster the energy to put it all away... that part is never as much fun).


{day 2 - spots}

{day 3 - paper}

{day 4 - my other colour palette}

{day 5 - bathroom}

{day 6 - geometric}

{day 7 - upcycled!}

I found the upcycled theme the hardest - for both sets of photos.
I think my favourites are the original paper shot and the colour palette shot in the box.

Thanks Jen for running such a fun meme and to all the lovely people who commented on my photos - I'll be back next month for sure.


I'm going out for dinner tonight with some of my loveliest girlfriends.  Can't wait.  Hope your Friday evening is fun too.

 


11 comments:

  1. These are all lovely. You are a very talented person.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they look fantastic!!! You have reminded me...I used to set up stuff like this and film it with a video camera. I gave the tapes to the Production Manager at the local TV station (in country Victoria...Bendigo). I SO desperately wanted a job in the commercial production department. Never got that particular job, but had SO much fun setting up & styling the 'vignettes'. Have a great weekend - your dinner sounds lovely! It will be a while before I can do that again...have to start expressing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh these are all so pretty! I haven't been on instagram for more than a month, there's something wrong with my phone. =( I hope I can join in on that meme once my phone is alive again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all gorgeous!...but the shots in the box are my fave....esp the geometric one. have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful Ally! I found this challenge week a bit more difficult. I am terrified that one of the future challenges will have "laundry" as a theme!
    I hope your dinner was fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are gorgeous & I love the extra set you did in the box :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. all lovely, the colour palette one in the white box is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ally, your Vignettes are really really beautiful - you definitely have an eye for decorating. I love your Day-4 colour palette and your bathroom is super pretty :-) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever creating these beautiful collections it almost reminds me of the eye spy books:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love these ally especially the upcycled vignette, gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day