Thursday, November 29, 2012

~ our garden - the late spring version ~

















 



 

 




I had a wander round our garden today with my phone (I really should reach for the D80 more often... sigh).  We were lucky to inherit a garden with lots of the work already done...although we seem to be heading towards a more messy, random cottagey look than was originally intended (neglect will do that!)

We have big plans to grow more food but at the moment all we seem to manage are loads of raspberries, some spinach, some herbs and a few tomatoes.  The poppies have overtaken the raised bed and there are raspberries everywhere else that there aren't flowers.

I just love this time of year - the warmer weather and longer daylight means we're all spending more time outside - playing, weeding, eating, sitting... 

How does your garden grow?
Are you growing food for your family?

 ♥

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness!
    SQUEEE!So excited you've signed up for #reverb12, Ally!
    See you tomoz.
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Your garden is absolutely beautiful. The rose bush at the front of the house is just bursting with blooms isn't it? How delightful.

    I would like to invite you to enter the Pacifica gift set giveaway at my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/11/pacifica-gift-set-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous garden... (I love the more rambling look anyway!) What a perfect place to spend time in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love your garden! You have pockets of lovelyness everywhere!! And I love discovering things that have popped up too!! A lovely surprise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, you are in the right cli mate! We grow lots of veges mixed in with the flower beds. It has been so hot this week we are hoping the stone fruit will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is stunning! We want to grow food but just never seem to get around to it. We will one day, I know it. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of raspberries sounds like a very good thing. I don't have much to do with the garden, other than sometimes requesting Mum grows a certain flower, but Mum grows sorrel year round and is growing tomatos and mini capsicums this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word Ally! Your garden and home is stunning! What a beautiful looking building too. I adore that second shot and agree, you should get out that great camera of yours and take some stunning shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm right into cottage gardens and your house and garden are just gorgeous. I'd love to have a beautiful garden like yours, but with a rental property and a small garden it just can't happen. But then I enjoy looking at what other people have done. Found your blog on Reverb 12.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Ally. Your roses are stunning and all round your garden flowers are blooming in abundance. Raspberries too- sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses are absolutely gorgeous! They look so beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my all of those roses are just stunning Ally. If I had roses like that I'd have to pick them all the time or maybe the girls might;) Our garden doesn't look quite so lush and the vegies are going ok but lots of bugs are eating my silverbeet now:( Maybe after the heat of this week I will get out in the garden and plant some more. xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day