Monday, November 26, 2012

~ a decade of Lily ~

My big girl turned 10 today.

That's 10 years of marvelling at just how clever we are to have made such a gorgeous little person.
10 years of finding new things to worry about almost every single day.
10 years of pride and joy.
10 years since the whole path of my life changed (for the better). 





We had a sleepover party here on the weekend - 4 friends for pizza at the beach, games in the garden and then a movie and bed.  The next morning we made pancakes and painted nails.  There was a mexican sombrero cake, balloons and posies of fresh flowers from our garden.  It was beautiful.  And so very Lily.



 


Lily's a dreamer and a thinker.
She is brave and resilient, sporty and smart.
Books and music are like breath to her. 
She's calm, quiet and just the loveliest company.



Her song goes a bit like this:


when I see your face
there's not a thing that I would change
'cause you're amazing
just the way you are
and when you smile
the whole worlds stops and stares for a while 
'cause girl you're amazing
just the way you are 
(Bruno Mars)





I can't even begin to imagine how the next decade is going to look

... I know I've got good company for the journey though.




18 comments:

  1. Happy 10th birthday to your big girl Lily, what a special day it is turning double digits. Lily sounds like a beautiful soul Ally. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lily, you sound like a lovely girl :)

    + that cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie - I was pretty happy with how it turned out

      Delete
  3. Happy days to your lovely Lilly. Ten is such a wonderful age. Two digits!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy birthday Lily! :) Lovely photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Lily! I'm not surprised at all that u have a daughter who is named after a flower. Sounds like a wonderful celebration was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emma
      I'm sure you won't be surprised to know the 2nd daughters middle name is Rose then!!

      Delete
  6. The big double figures! Happy Birthday Lily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna
      Its a little hard to believe
      In my mind I'm still at your stage half the time!

      Delete
  7. Oooh I love the lovely Lily bunting :) What a lucky girl :)
    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bunting was a big rush job...but kind of cute I thought
      x

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to your Lily. She sounds like an amazing soul to know, and one you made! Well done to you and Mr Sapa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat - we are pretty impressed with ourselves!!

      Delete
  9. I am teary. Happy birthday lovely girl and well done Mama of a ten year old girl. Happy days to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. Gorgeous. So precious to feel your love and pride x.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day