Sunday, February 2, 2014

~ stills - approaching the end of holidays ~

















 

 


1 and 2.  Boat sheds on the way to Coningham.  Around this corner is a beautiful, family friendly beach - I hadn't visited for years.  Its a gorgeous little beach - and very family friendly - we'll take the kayak down next time.

3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.  Great day trip to the Apple Shed down near Grove.  We feasted on local cheeses, bread, cured meats and fabulous cherries but forgot to sample the cider - next time!!  Love what they've done there  - lots of fascinating historical items and details - but sadly missed meeting Michelle.  That's 2 good reasons to go back again soon.

9.  Fresh greengages from my mum, postcrossing postcards, poppies and vintage sheet tablecloth making my kitchen happy.

10.  We went to see Australia play England at T20 cricket on Wednesday night.  Fantastic atmosphere and a hilarious conversation on IG about our early cricket crushes (mine was Viv Richards).  We sat here at Bellerive Quay to eat our dinner before the game.  It was a gorgeous evening.

We've got 2 more days of holidays and then the school year with all its structure and routine starts again.  I'm still not ready.

6 comments:

  1. Hobart is such a beautiful part of the world. I lived there until I was 18, then like many teenagers, I hopped on over to Melbourne :)
    I love the post cards. What beautiful images.
    Good luck with the imminent school startup. It is (was) not my favourite part of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos - we are trying to make it to Tasmania for Easter this year - i have been dreaming of it for so many years I cannot wait to explore even if only for a handful of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - all the blues in the first two & last photo are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and I love the "apple wall art" how cool is that. Everytime I watch Landline they have such wonderful stories about Tasmania and I would love to go there one day with my kids. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a huge Viv Richards fan also!
    Love your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos, especially the wall of apples. Hmmmm feel like eating an apple now. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day