It's been a whole festival of turning 5 for Jack this week... and he's loved every minute
1. Robot cake toppers for the park-day cupcakes on the real birthday
2. More cupcakes (no toppers) for the kinder class the next day.
3. Crabapple blossoms from a broken branch over-hanging our fence. They're so pretty. I've actually been out looking for one today to put in a perfect space in our front lawn.
4 and 5. We used air-dry clay for the first time at home this week. We made loads of little sea-inspired tags to hang on the party boxes. I'm thinking Christmas ornaments are a must with this - we all loved getting our hands dirty.
6. Grissini dipped in chocolate and then sprinkles are a firm party favourite around here.
7. The 5 cake (courtesy of the AWW cake book of which we are such fans). I'm not big on that roll-out icing but it turned out ok. We did get into trouble for sending the cars the wrong way down a street from the car and rule-obsessed birthday boy.
8. The highlight of the gym party is getting a go in the bungy.
9. Winning the hurdles at little athletics before the party - check out the tiny hurdles!!
The week ended on a bit of a downer tonight when he fell and cut his chin open. Luckily we had some steri-strips and a little bit of medical expertise here and avoided a Sunday night trip to ED. Phew! First lots of stitches (or steris) we've really ever needed in almost 11 years of parenting.
Linking with Em to share snippets of our lives every week.