1/2. Everyone who has walked into our kitchen this week has remarked at how amazing the clematis is looking. 2 months ago I was convinced it had died! It's really hard to get a shot of it all as its creeping along the conifers and fence that line our driveway.
3. School holiday lounging in hammocks - Lil is happiest with a book in her hand
4/5. He didn't do a lot of painting at school this term as he's become nervous about getting it "wrong" .... we did lots last week and he finished the crazy cat he didn't try in class. So proud of his determination.
6. We've been playing lots of games as the weather's been foul - lots of old maid, mouse trap, hungry hippos and chinese checkers
7. Blushing ranunculi that I don't remember planting.
8. I made these cupcake sized sticky date puddings with caramel sauce (recipe here) - they were SO good.
9. Because flowers make everyone (at least me) happier.
Its our first year of a four term school year and being on holiday in October feels slightly weird
We're not used to it - we're not used to the girls being away either - they left for a few nights to the cousins up north and the house felt very empty.
So we've been crafting and cooking, skipping and gardening, watching DVDs and reading and letting ourselves find a slower rhythm.
We're looking forward to longer days with daylight savings (and hopefully some warmer weather).
We've got another week of holidays to go - the wish-list (compiled by each child) still has beach walks, sleep overs, picnics, swims and MONA on it... I wonder how much we'll get done.
How's your week looking?
I'm linking up with Em.