Wednesday, April 15, 2015

~ sculpture trail 2015 ~

our yearly pilgrammage
 
one of my photos (of a previous sculpture) hanging at the entrance - a small (big) thrill just for me

Part of the trail for years now - one of my favourite ever sculptures

Moai - Michael Limb
Demise of the Tasmanian Tiger - Wendy Fletcher

The Long Family - Dean Chatwin

Belonging - Rachel Bremmer

The Peloton - Anna Williams

Ampersand - Michael Limb

Thanks, But I'll wait until Gum Leaves - Kaye Gilhooly

Cicada Songs - Wendy Edwards

Futurity - Julie Milton



This year marks the 10th anniversary for the Art Farm Birchs Bay Sculpture Trail.  I think we've missed 2 in the last 10 years - and one was last year when we were in Europe.  You could safely say we're big fans.

This year we took some family members who've never been before and it was lovely to experience it through their eyes as well.

This year there are 34 new sculptures and quite a few old favourites that have been acquired by Five Bob Farm and remain permanently on site.

I've shown a few of our favourites above and can highly recommend the trail as a lovely 1/2 day outing if you're in the region in the next few months.

My previous posts about the trail are here and here.



3 comments:

  1. looks like a lovely outing. & congrats on having your photo displayed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely trail! If we weren't so far away, I'd love to go. The pears are brilliant.
    And it's so awesome they displayed your photo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely way to spend 1/2 a day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day