Sunday, October 19, 2014

~ around here this week ~

















1.  wisteria at the botanical gardens - that colour!

2.  Grace demonstrating a very unorthodox tackling style in backyard footy games

3.  Nutmeg - getting so fat she can barely jump - someone else must be feeding her cos she's on starvation rations here

4.  I made slightly chewy but totally yummy anzacs

5.  afternoon light in our kitchen

6.  banksia rose sprawling all over one of the fences in the neighbourhood  - I'm hoping to squeeze some more walks after dinner in now the light and weather are better

7.  my photo - Monica McInerney's new bestselling novel - so exciting!!!  I almost fell over when I saw this in Big W.


We were straight back into school routines this week - lots of gymnastics, swimming lessons, skipping and the swimming carnival.  I am also consulting twice a week and this week had some immunising and a uni tute as well.  A very quiet weekend was definitely in order.  

How was your week?




3 comments:

  1. Hi Ally, gosh that yellow rose is stunning isn't it?! I've barely got a bud on mine, let alone flowers like that. So pretty. I laughed at your comment about your cat. We used to have 2 cats, a fatty and a skinny. I was convinced that the Fatty was eating the little old guys food, he was so enormous. Only problem, when our little old guy died, and only one bowl was on offer instead of two, big fatty didn't get even one ounce smaller, so my theory was out the window.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Nutmeg - I know how she feels! How brilliant about your photo on the cover of the book! Just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day