Tuesday, October 21, 2014

~ our joyful moments - week 42 ~





I've finally finished reading The Luminaries (last year's Man Booker prize winner ...this year the winner was a Tasmanian author!) - what a slog it was.  I'm glad I finished but it was hard work  The book is looking pretty near my bed with some yellow banksia roses and my favourite beads though.

Karin has been baking again - her food is almost too pretty to eat I think!

We are finding the small joys in our lives and sharing them here and on IG

Have you read any good books recently?


4 comments:

  1. Well done for getting through 'the luminaries', it does look pretty with your roses & your beads. 'Narrow road to the deep north' is going to be on my Christmas holiday reading list. have you read it? My husband loved it so I'm keen- just need a chunk of time.
    And you're right, that baking does look too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of banksia roses before - so beautiful! :) Love to read, just finished Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (one of my favourite authors). Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keen to read the Flanagan as well - so much reading I need to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both lovely - wish our banksia rose had put such a nice showing

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day