Friday, February 3, 2012

~ grateful for.... reasons to smile ~

Lots to smile about this week (and I'm always grateful for smiles).

Our girls (and their twinny besties) heading off to tennis camp.  I am so grateful my girls have these friends in their lives.  Girls they've known their whole lives.  Girls who are sleeping over tonight and who I can still hear chattering and giggling away (at 10pm!) even though they've spent ALL week together.




My little man heading to his first dress-up party.  With his spider man hat on backwards.  Not caring it was a pirate party.  At all.




A perfect night for a picnic on the lawns at Salamanca.





Holiday food - pancakes for breakfast and then "Muuuuum - we really should have SOMETHING healthy this week".

 



I didn't think I was going to like being told what to be grateful for each week.
But it turns out I'm really quite enjoying it...

 

 I'm joining in with themed gratefuls at Kidspot.  Thanks Maxabella.

11 comments:

  1. You can be grateful for whatever the (heaven) you like, Ally!!

    The girls' friends are gold. Everyone needs a solid bestie. Maxi's bestie moved to QLD at the end of last year and he is feeling a bit lost at school so far this year. My heart is heavy for him (part of the brown river of woe for me lately!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I know - but I'm good with a project :-)

      hoping your river turns into a sparkly bubbly brook of joy soon

      Delete
  2. How lovely for your girls to have such great best friends. I'm a little jealous- miss those sleepovers days with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sleepovers...especially when they sleep all night

      Delete
  3. Gasp! Is that Salamance of Hobart Salamanca you speak of???!!! Oh how I miss that market! I used to live in Hobart and would be down at that market every week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - that Salamanca. We go almost every week - and I love it :-)

      Delete
  4. Those childhood friends are like gold! There's nothing like a plate of freshly cut summer fruits either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spiderman pirate party ensemble made me smile . Such gorgeous photo's xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope my girls have besties like yours. We moved a lot as kids so I can't say I know the pleasure though I do have some lasting friendships from when I was a teenager. Sadly they are mostly overseas friends.

    I love how kids at a young age don't care if they don't match the crowd. My girl has dressed all out of theme for dress up days at childcare before and couldn't care less. Too bad we tend to get all self and peer pressure conscious as we grow up.

    And I'm loving your fruit pic. Very pretty and inspiring!

    Visiting from Maxabella.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - in fact it will probably make my day